Harford Agricultural Society Scholarship Program
Fourteen $1,000 Scholarships Awarded in 2016
Pictured left to right are Sue Graham, mother of Austin Graham; Darren Pettyjohn, father of Ben Pettyjohn;
Diane Supancik, mother of Emily Supancik; Shannon Cobb; Ruthie Ofalt, mother of Leah Ofalt; Mary Button, mother of Madison Button; Rebecca Longacre, sister of Sarah Longacre; Dempsey Hollenbeck; Rachel Johnson; Betty Eichelberger, mother of Cynthia Eichelberger; Lana and James Fluck, parents of Seth Fluck; and Lisa Schmidt, mother of Chad Schmidt.
Absent from the photo and scholarship recipients were Stephanie Ostir and Autumn Whitehead.
Guidelines and Eligibility
1. Be a High School Graduate
2. Be currently admitted to a school of advanced education, i.e. college or university
3. Submit a completed application, essay, and letters of recommendation.
Accepting applications between April 1 and August 31, 2017
Harford Agricultural Society
c/o Scholarship Selection Committee
485 Fair Hill Rd, New Milford, PA 18834
Recipient(s) may receive the Harford Agricultural Society Scholarship more than once
1. Complete the application. Attach additional sheets, if necessary.
2. Obtain two letters of recommendation from any of the following:
a) School Principal
b) School Teacher/Instructor
c) School Guidance Counselor
d) County Extension Educator
e) 4-H Club Leader
f) Religious Minister/Church Youth Advisor
g) Harford Fair Director, Superintendent, or Department Head
3. Write an essay not to exceed two double-spaced typed pages on the following topic:
“Ways in which I have been involved in the Harford Fair and how winning the Harford Agricultural Society Scholarship will impact my education, my major, and my career goals.”
Scholarship Award Application
Note: Scholarship application is a fillable .pdf form. Save the form to your computer and open with Adobe Reader - fill in blanks and save to your computer.