Department 17: Floral Exhibits
|Event||Day and Date|
|Judging||Sunday, August 18, 2019 at 1:00pm.|
|Deadline for all entries||August 1|
|Drop Off||Bring entries to the fairgrounds Sunday, August 18 from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon|
|Pick-Up||Sunday, August 25 from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. Please bring your claim ticket.|
Exhibitors must adhere to the General Rules for the Harford Fair listed here.
Please see entry form below for a complete listing of rules and classes.
Rules for Section 1: Flowering House Plants & Section 2: Foliage House Plants
- To enter: go to www.harfordfair.com, click on the link and follow the directions to enter online or use the general entry blank below (also available at the Secretary’s Office at 570-434-4300).
- All entries must be grown by the exhibitor, except in arrangement classes.
- Flowers or plants must be more than ordinary standard and quality to be entitled to an award.
- Baskets or containers must be supplied by the exhibitor and will be handled with care, but the fair assumes no responsibility for the safety.
- One entry per exhibitor per class. Please place name of plant on back of entry card. Attach tag to entry.
- These two divisions include all plants that would qualify as house plants. Only one species per pot, except in collection classes.
- Pots not to exceed 12” in width and plant must be growing in said container at least two months prior to the Fair.
Rules for Section 3: Specimen Flowers - Annual & Section 4: Specimen Flowers - Perennials
- To enter: go to www.harfordfair.com, click on the link and follow the directions to enter online or use the general entry blank below. (also available at the Secretary’s Office at 570-434-4300).
- All entries must be cut flowers grown by the exhibitor.
- All flowers must conform to the number of blooms, spikes or stems as specified in each class.
- Exhibitors should note that uniformity of height, color, or size is an important factor in evaluating entries.
- Long stems are generally preferred on floral entries.
- Flowers in each entry must be of one color and variety unless otherwise stated.
- Bring entries to the fairgrounds Sunday, August 18, 2019 from 8:00 AM-12:00 Noon.