Department 19: Poster Contest
|Event||Day and Date|
|Judging||August 11, 2024 at 2:00pm.|
|Deadline for all entries||August 1|
|Drop Off||Friday, August 11 from 10:00am to 6:00pm |
Saturday, August 12 from 8:00am to 12:00noon
|Pick-Up||Sunday, August 20 from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. Please bring your claim ticket.|
Section 998 – 2024 Youth Poster Contest
Class 1: ages 8-11, Class 2: ages 12-14, Class 3: 15-18
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture will once again conduct a statewide poster contest at the agricultural fairs. Participating Fairs will hold their own contests and submit one poster from each age group to the state level for additional judging and cash prizes.
To enter: go to www.harfordfair.com and follow the link to enter online or use the Schoolhouse Entry Blank.
Criteria for the Harford Fair Poster Contest
The prize money at the Harford Fair in each class will be: 1st place - $10.00 2nd place - $7.50 3rd place - $5.00
1. Only one poster may be submitted per student, per age group. There will be three state competitions by age. Student must be in the age group by June 1 to qualify. Class 1 – ages 8-11, Class 2 – ages 12-14, Class 3 – ages 15-18.
2. The poster size must be 14x22 inches or 14 ½ x22 inches.
3. This year’s theme is “Rooted in Progress”. Contestants are asked to submit artwork that reflects the deep roots of agriculture in Pennsylvania’s history and the significant innovations farmers and their families have made and continue to make, to grow and adapt as markets, consumers, and resources change.
4. Only one poster per age group per fair may be forwarded to the state competition. The Fair Secretary is responsible for submitting the entry forms and poster.
5. Posters will be evaluated on use of theme, visual appearance, and creativity in relation to the exhibitor’s age.
6. The overall winner out of all the classes will receive a prize of $25.00.
7. The prize money at the 2024 PA Farm Show in each age class will be: 1st place: $100.00, 2nd place: $75.00, 3rd place: $50.00
Winners will be notified in advance and invited to attend an awards presentation. They will also be required to provide their social security number for award disbursements. All posters will become property of the PA Department of Agriculture for possible future promotional activities for the PA Farm Show and PA State Association of County Fairs. Any duplication of posters from previous years will be disqualified. Posters will not be returned via mail but may be returned via arrangements made with your fair.