Department 11: Schoolhouse – Individual Submitted
|Event||Day and Date|
|Judging||Friday, August 13, 2021 at 9:00am|
|Deadline for all entries||July 1|
|Drop Off||Tuesday, July 6th from 9:00 am to 12:00noon or Thursday, July 8th from 9:00am to 12:00noon, Entries will not be accepted after July 8th, 2021.|
|Pick-Up||Sunday, August 22 from 8:00 am to 12:00noon. Please bring your claim ticket.|
Exhibitors must adhere to the General Rules for the Harford Fair listed here.
Please see entry form below for a complete listing of rules and classes.
Items for this department can be submitted by teachers through the schools or by individuals. Home and Cyber Schooled students and parents are examples of individual entries.
- Please read all General and Department Rules before making entries.
- To enter: go to www.harfordfair.com and click on the link and follow the instructions to enter online or use entry blank below (also available from the Secretary’s Office at 570-434-4300).
- Send entry blank to: Harford Agricultural Society, 485 Fair Hill Rd., New Milford, PA 18834, no later than July 1, 2021. Entries must be brought to the fairgrounds between 9:00 AM and 12 Noon on Tuesday, July 6th or Thursday, July 8th, 2021. Entries will not be accepted after July 8, 2021.
- Judging will be Friday, August 13, 2021 at 9:00 AM
In order to have a neat display, please adhere to the following:
- Work must not be traced or copied.
- Each teacher, including art teachers, may enter a maximum of two entries from any one grade, for each class number listed below. If a teacher has multiple sessions of the same grade, that teacher may enter a total of two entries per session for each class listed below. Teachers, please use Teacher Entry Forms. Individual entries, including Home and Cyber School, may exhibit one entry in each class listed below. Please use special Individual Entry Form.
- CLASS PROJECT ENTRIES: may exhibit one entry (a Group Effort) in each of the Group Categories. (i.e. several students working to complete the same project. Ex.: class book or mural). Please use the Teacher Entry Form.
- GROUP PROJECT entries or Multi-age groups such as Scouts, Church Groups, Camps etc, may enter under Dept. 20.
- All matting must be limited to one inch.
- The maximum size of any entry is 3’ x 4’.
- Do not use seeds, beans, salt, sugar, flour, noodles, or other food products in entries. Projects containing these items will not be accepted.
- As in the past, you are required to write the students name on the entry blank. Please also write the student’s name on the tag(s) when you receive them.
- The name of the student, the teacher, the school district, and the classification must be written on the back of all entries.
- Tags must be attached to the upper left hand corner of each project with two staples. Tear off the claim ticket, turn up the bottom, and tuck under the flap. DO NOT staple the flap up.
- All exhibits must be picked up on Sunday, August 22, between 8:00 AM and 12 Noon.
Premiums on school work will be paid as follows: First Place - $3.00, Second Place - $2.00, Third Place - $1.00, Honorable Mention - Ribbon
Two special “Best of Show” Awards will be presented in the School Department:
- The Mary H. Karhnak Award will be presented to the best single entry by an individual in elementary grades K-6.
- The Joan O. Peters Award will be presented to the best single entry by an individual in grades 7-12.
Please note that Class/Group projects are not eligible for either of these awards.